.:: K Lierse SK ::.

e market for any centerman," he said. Defencemen Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren
Auteur Bericht
blueberryjerry

BerichtGeplaatst: 19-06-2017 04:03:29 Reageren met citaatTerug naar boven

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. Eddie Jackson Youth Jersey . -- Down by 25 in the second quarter, the Indiana Pacers still had plenty of time. "We needed a little reminder of what we are playing for here," coach Frank Vogel said. The Pacers responded with one of the most impressive comebacks of the NBA season, catching the Detroit Pistons in the fourth quarter and eventually pulling away in overtime for a 112-104 victory Saturday night. Indiana leads Miami by 3 1/2 games in the race for the top seed in the Eastern Conference. Paul George had 30 points, eight rebounds and seven assists for the Pacers. "We knew this was going to be a long game," George said. "We knew we had a chance to come back and we just had to take small steps. We had to chip away and get this win." Josh Smith scored 23 points for the Pistons, who lost star centre Andre Drummond in the first quarter to a neck injury. Drummond was able to walk off with some assistance and was a bit sore after the game. "Just a little bit of a scare," Drummond said. "Its hard for me to make moves left and right sometimes, but it shouldnt be anything that should stop me from the next few days." Evan Turner added 20 points for the Pacers, and David West scored six of his 15 points in overtime. Detroit led 56-31 in the second quarter but couldnt hold on. The Pistons trail Atlanta by five games for the final playoff spot in the East. It was the second-biggest comeback victory in the NBA this season, according to STATS. Golden State rallied from 27 down against Toronto on Dec. 3. "Really proud of our guys," Vogel said. "I did not like the deficit we built especially in that first half, but we stayed with the game and came back with better energy." Drummond, Detroits promising second-year centre, left with 6:32 remaining in the first quarter. He appeared to be hit in the head inadvertently by the Pacers Roy Hibbert during a scramble near the basket. "I got my hand on the ball and the ball rolled between my legs," Drummond said. "I reached down and came up and I ended up, my head hit Roy Hibbert in his thigh and sent a shock throughout my whole body." Drummond stayed down through an entire timeout. A stretcher was eventually brought onto the court, but he was able to get up and walk off toward the tunnel. Even without him, Detroit dominated the first half. A putback dunk by Jonas Jerebko pushed the lead to 25, and it was 60-41 at halftime. The Pacers started the second half with eight straight points, and George scored 14 points in the third quarter. Detroit led 79-73 after three. It was tied at 83 when Smith put Detroit back ahead with a layup. Then Detroits Greg Monroe and Indianas Luis Scola became entangled, leading to a brief skirmish and technical fouls on both players. A three-point play by Turner put Indiana ahead, but the Pacers couldnt shake the Pistons, and George missed a jumper from the left elbow that could have won the game at the end of regulation. "I thought we had a good stand at the end," Detroit interim coach John Loyer said. "They put it in their best players hands. I thought we did a pretty good job contesting the shot." It was 100-all heading into overtime. With Indiana up 104-102, West made a couple jumpers to give the Pacers a six-point lead. "In the overtime we just tried to get good quality looks," West said. "We didnt want to turn the ball over and we just wanted to make sure we got quality looks at the rim." NOTES: It was Indianas 17th victory of the season when trailing at halftime. ... Andrew Bynum scored 15 points with nine rebounds in 20 minutes for the Pacers. ... Detroit came into the game averaging an NBA-best 52.7 points in the paint. Indiana was allowing an NBA-low 35.4. Both teams ended up with 46 on Saturday. Tarik Cohen Bears Jersey . Jean-Gabriel Pageau and Buddy Robinson scored 43 seconds apart in the second period to lead the Binghamton Senators to a 4-1 victory over the Bulldogs in American Hockey League action Friday night at the Bell Centre. Eddie Jackson Jersey . In his first game with Boston University, the 17-year-old Eichel picked up five assists as his Boston University Terriers thumped St. http://www.authenticbearsnflfansmall.com/c-66-bears-mitchell-trubisky-jersey.aspx . Seth Smith hit a towering drive for a tying homer leading off the eighth and Chris Denorfia singled home two runs to give the Padres a 3-1 victory against the rival Dodgers in baseballs North American opener Sunday night.BOSTON - The Boston Bruins dont expect to make a major signing in free agency. A player drafted from a mediocre crop this week likely wont make an immediate impact. So general manager Peter Chiarelli plans some small changes to improve the team that exited the playoffs earlier than expected. "We had a very good team and, with a little bit of tweaking, I feel well be right back where we were in the past," he said Monday. The Bruins won the Stanley Cup in 2010-11, reached the Cup finals in 2012-13, led the NHL in regular-season points in 2013-14 then eliminated the Detroit Red Wings in a five-game series. But they lost the next round to the Montreal Canadiens in seven games after going up 3-2. Chiarellis big task now is to re-sign Jarome Iginla after he tied for the team lead with 30 goals in his first season with Boston. "Im not going to comment specifically on negotiations," Chiarelli said in a conference call. "Wed like to sign Jarome and thats what I can say. I mean, he has been a valuable player for us. I think there is a good fit." Iginla is one of five Bruins who can become unrestricted free agents when the signing period begins July 1. The others are backup goalie Chad Johnson, defencemen Andrej Meszaros and Corey Potter, both late-season acquisitions, and forward Shawn Thornton, who has been told by Chiarelli he wont be re-signed. "There may be one or two more" among those free agents who he wont re-sign, Chiarelli said. Forward Reilly Smith and defenceman Torey Krug can become restricted free agents. Top free agents from other teams include forwards Marian Gaborik, Thomas Vanek and Paul Stastny. "There are good players available," Chiarelli said. "Were not going to go full force into the free agency. Were probably going to take a step back and look at what may be lesser deals, meaning not high-profile deals, might be available, parrtially due to (salary) cap reasons, partially due to chemistry reasons. Adam Shaheen Youth Jersey. " A few hours later, Chiarelli announced that the Bruins had signed goalie Niklas Svedberg to a one-year contract. He played the only NHL game of his career in a 3-2 overtime win over the Nashville Predators on Jan. 2. With the Bruins AHL team in Providence last season, he was 25-15-4 with a 2.63 goals-against average. He had 37 wins for Providence the previous season. The Bruins have the 25th pick in the two-day draft starting Friday in Philadelphia. With four solid lines, a capable defence and young players bidding for playing time, any players drafted arent likely to help the Bruins next season. The draft "is generally considered, and I would agree, a thinner draft," Chiarelli said. "So there is not as much value, relatively speaking, placed in these picks. So teams will probably be more apt to move those picks around" through trades. Thornton spent seven seasons with the Bruins, providing toughness and leadership. He might not be the only player to leave who is part of the teams successful veteran core. "The decision on Shawn was a very hard one. Hes been here and part of this group for a long time and that would apply to all these guys who have been here and who have given us good service and that have been part of winning teams and Cup-winning teams," Chiarelli said. "So there will be hard choices, but it may be that we dont make hard choices and we keep as many people as we can and we go into the year and maybe we do make those hard choices as the year progresses." For now, Chiarelli is focusing on the draft. "I read about a bunch of (solid) centermen and were not in the market for any centerman," he said. Defencemen also "are becoming a major topic of conversation." He might even trade his first-round pick. "Everything is always available," Chiarelli said. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Profiel bekijkenStuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:      
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar:   

Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Wilt u geen reclame op dit forum en genieten van extra voordelen? Klik dan vlug hier voor meer informatie!