.:: K Lierse SK ::.

wing interest. LeBron James, who will become a free-agent on Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren
Auteur Bericht
blueberryjerry

BerichtGeplaatst: 19-06-2017 04:09:13 Reageren met citaatTerug naar boven

LOS ANGELES, Calif. Nike Vapormax Mens Uk . - When Anthony Pettis steps back into the octagon at UFC 181, the flashy lightweight champion will be in just his fourth fight in more than three years. Although he is one of mixed martial arts top talents, Pettis hasnt even seen a second round since October 2011.Gilbert Melendez intends to make Pettis regret all of his injuries and inactivity in a title fight that could serve as the masterwork of his long career.Theres nothing left to accomplish except this, Melendez said this week. If I can do this, I feel like Im one of the greatest of all time.While Pettis (17-2) hopes to begin a long reign as one of the UFCs top stars at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on Saturday night, Melendez (22-3) relishes the chance to take the champion into areas he hasnt visited in years. While Melendezs big right hand is his greatest strength, he believes he can also win a mental matchup with the champion.Itll get real interesting when we get out of the first round and he hasnt hit me with any of that spinning stuff, Melendez said. Whats he going to do when were in a fight?Melendezs shot at Pettis is the penultimate event at UFC 181, a rare card featuring two title fights. Welterweight champion Johny Hendricks returns from a long layoff for his own first title defence in a rematch with Robbie Lawler. The card also features two heavyweight bouts and popular bantamweight Urijah Faber.But the MMA world has been anticipating Pettis return to the cage for 16 months, ever since he claimed the belt with a first-round submission victory over divisive champion Benson Henderson.Pettis incredible athleticism makes him a highlight-reel staple — never more than in December 2010, when he jumped off the side of the cage to flatten Henderson with the now-famous Showtime kick in their first meeting. Pettis cant deny his absence hurt, but hes eager to make up for lost time, perhaps fighting four times in the next year.I won the belt, but then I was off for a year, Pettis said. I cant consider myself the best of the best until I prove it for about a year. Thats what I want to start this Saturday night.Pettis fame has grown even during his absence from the octagon. Along with several endorsement deals, he is the first UFC star to appear on a Wheaties box, which was unveiled in Las Vegas on Thursday. Pettis wears a shirt and tie on the box, the lightweight strap hanging over his right shoulder.Yet the Milwaukee native wasnt an instant star in MMA, and he realizes how quickly his success can disappear with a loss. He respects Melendezs striking, but believes he can counter it with a well-rounded game.Ive been calling a first-round knockout, and Im still going for it, but he doesnt drop easy, Pettis said. If it doesnt happen, Im prepared to go five rounds. Hes one of the best guys in the sport, but Im going to show everybody what Im all about if theyve forgotten.Melendez already got a UFC lightweight title shot in April 2013 after dominating the weight class in the Strikeforce promotion. The San Francisco-based fighter made it through five tough-to-score rounds against Henderson, but lost a razor-thin split decision in the Bay Area.When Pettis took the belt away from Henderson last year, Melendez knew he had another shot at the title. Still, he had to wait: Pettis tore a ligament in his knee and recovered gradually from the surgery.Melendez passed the time by commentating on ESPN, and he agreed to coach the UFCs new womens strawweights opposite Pettis on the current season of The Ultimate Fighter, the promotions long-running reality show. The foes barely interacted during their six weeks on the show, preferring to save their enmity for UFC 181.I didnt want to get to know him, Melendez said. I dont have a problem with him, but thats not what I want. I want to beat him up and take his belt. Nike Free Rn Flyknit Sale . At times during a solid but not spectacular season, they looked all three. Still the defending AFC champions persevered, riding their top-ranked defence and key contributions from younger players to a 12-4 record and their eighth playoff appearance since 2000, remarkable consistency in a league where change is the only constant. Free Rn Flyknit Uk .com) - Colorado forward P. http://www.txloa.com/nike-free-rn-womens-uk.html .ca! There is plenty of blame to be shared as a result of the most recent NHL player (Pittsburghs Brooks Orpik) to be evacuated from the ice on a stretcher following an ugly incident Saturday night in Boston.The Miami Heat are reportedly highly interested in University of Connecticut point guard Shabazz Napier and are willing to move up in Thursdays NBA Draft to get him. According to ESPNs Chad Ford, the Heat are aggressively pursuing options to acquire a higher pick in order to draft Napier who is widely regarded as one top point guards in this years draft. Miami owns the 26th overall pick and Ford says its unlikely Napier will fall that far with the Orlando Magic (No. 12)), Atlanta Hawks (No. Nike Free Rn Distance Womens. 15), Chicago Bulls (No. 16) and the Boston Celtics (No. 17) showing interest. LeBron James, who will become a free-agent on July 1 after opting out of his contract on Tuesday, has shown interest in Napier as well. He tweeted, "no way u take a PG in the lottery before Napier," during the NCAA title game between UConn and Kentucky in April. Acquiring Napier might help convince James to stay in South Beach. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Profiel bekijkenStuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:      
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar:   

Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Wilt u geen reclame op dit forum en genieten van extra voordelen? Klik dan vlug hier voor meer informatie!