.:: K Lierse SK ::.

tweeted: "Man, now my flight is delayed Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren
Auteur Bericht
blueberryjerry

BerichtGeplaatst: 28-06-2017 04:54:40 Reageren met citaatTerug naar boven

LOS ANGELES -- Francisco Liriano finally got that long-awaited first victory of the season. Kevin Durant Jersey . Liriano pitched in and out of trouble in his duel with Josh Beckett, and Ike Davis homered to help the Pittsburgh Pirates beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 2-1 Friday night. Liriano (1-5) scattered five hits over 5 2-3 scoreless innings. After entering with a 5.06 ERA, he struck out eight and walked two in his 12th start of the year. "It was a great feeling to get that first win out of the way," said Liriano, a 16-game winner for Pittsburgh last season. "It was a long time, and I felt like I wasnt doing my job. I just want to try to go deeper into the game my next time out." Beckett (3-2) allowed two runs and five hits in five innings, five days after pitching the first no-hitter in the majors this season during a 6-0 win at Philadelphia. Yasiel Puig reached base for the 31st straight game, getting an infield single in the fourth and continuing to second on Lirianos throwing error. He came up with the bases loaded in the fifth and popped up on a changeup for the third out, making him 0 for 5 in those situations. "Francisco pitched out of the stretch most of the night, and the leadoff hitter reached base in five of those six innings," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle pointed out. "To get Puig, thats just a classic matchup on a Friday night in front of 47,000 -- thats good stuff. There were so many important pitches in that sequence, but he stayed focused and was aggressive. He had eight strikeouts, and a lot of them were with guys on second." Despite Lirianos record, hes been able to keep his team in games more often than not. The Pirates have won all six of his no-decisions. "Thats what we continue to tell Frank," Hurdle said. "Fortunately, hes been around. Hes had to battle through so many things, and this is just the next thing hes going to get challenged by at the major league level. Hes kept his composure and his confidence, so well see where he can take it. I just believe its going to get better and better for him." Beckett was removed for a pinch-hitter after 88 pitches -- the 34-year-old righty threw a career-high 128 in the first no-hitter by a Dodgers pitcher since 1996. "Physically, I felt fine. I took care of myself in between starts, and I was ready to go out there," Beckett said. "I didnt feel any different between this start and my last one. I mean, if you look at those 128 pitches in nine innings, its only 13, 14 pitches per inning." Pirates second baseman Neil Walker robbed Matt Kemp of an RBI single in the sixth with a diving stop toward the middle and threw him out, after Hanley Ramirez led off with a double. Liriano faced one more batter, striking out Scott Van Slyke with his 100th pitch. Justin Wilson then fanned Andre Ethier. Mark Melancon gave up an RBI single to Ramirez in the eighth, but retired pinch-hitter Adrian Gonzalez on a grounder with the potential tying run at second. Jason Grilli pitched a perfect ninth for his sixth save. Beckett retired the side in order only once. He hit Starling Marte with a 2-2 pitch to open the third and Clint Barmes followed with a walk. Marte was picked off second, but the Pirates overcame that miscue with singles by Josh Harrison and Walker, whose hit to right field drove in Barmes with the games first run. Davis led off the fourth with a drive to centre that travelled an estimated 453 feet. It was his fourth home run of the season, including two grand slams against Cincinnati. "Beckett was on the corners all night and his stuff was good, but that fastball caught a little more of the plate and I was able to get the good part of the bat on it," Davis said. "We really didnt do too much off him, but we scored just enough runs. Its hard to beat the Dodgers only scoring two runs, but our pitchers were amazing tonight." Drew Butera, who caught Becketts no-hitter, also was behind the plate for Lirianos no-no with Minnesota on May 3, 2011, against the White Sox in Chicago. He threw out Russell Martin and Harrison on stolen base attempts for the third out in the second and fifth innings, respectively. NOTES: It was the 19th time since 1900 that a pitcher made his first start following a no-hitter against an opponent who also had pitched one. The last time that happened was May 7, 2012, when Jered Weaver of the Angels faced Liriano and beat Minnesota for the second time in five days, 8-3. ... Dee Gordon stole two more bases to raise his major league-leading total to 34, and the Dodgers total to 64 -- also tops in the majors. ... Pirates LHP Tony Watson extended his scoreless streak to 15 2-3 innings with a perfect seventh. ... Cincinnati LHP Johnny Vander Meer (1938) remains the only pitcher to throw no-hitters in consecutive starts. Kevin Durant Thunder Jersey . Pistorius mindset when he stood on his stumps in a bathroom and pulled the trigger on his 9 mm pistol in the early hours of Feb. 14, 2013 remains the crux of the South African trial that has captured worldwide attention and is about to start its seventh week of globally televised proceedings. It was initially scheduled to run for three weeks. Serge Ibaka Jersey . So much so that even a simple foul pop up to the first baseman turned into a run. Houstons four-run rally in the ninth inning to beat the Seattle Mariners 6-4 on Monday night was capped by a bizarre play that started as Crowe fouled out to first baseman Justin Smoak with runners on second and third. http://www.thundershopauthentic.com/steven-adams-thunder-jersey/ .J. -- Travis Zajac of the New Jersey Devils took a lot of grief considering his scored the first of his career-best three goals just 12 seconds into a crucial game against the Florida Panthers. WASHINGTON -- The Washington Redskins have turned to a familiar name associated with a notorious blunder as they try to fill the biggest hole on their roster. Ryan Clark, who was allowed to leave Washington nearly a decade ago when they decided that Adam Archuleta was the better option at safety, was scheduled for a visit to Redskins Park. The team on Wednesday was also planning to host defensive end Antonio Smith, although another of its targeted players -- cornerback Corey Graham -- decided to sign with the Buffalo Bills. In addition, the Redskins announced the signings of receiver Andre Roberts, guard Shawn Lauvao and special teams standout Adam Hayward. All three agreed to their deals shortly after the start of the leagues open market period Tuesday afternoon. There was another addition: a one-year deal for free agent tackle Bruce Campbell, a 2010 draft pick who sat out last season with a shoulder injury and has yet to start an NFL game. His signing continued a modest approach to free agency despite salary cap money to spend after a 3-13 season. Campbell would provide some competition for Tyler Polumbus at right tackle, although the Redskins were expected to pursue a proven starter at the position. Campbells deal is worth $710,000, according to The Washington Post. The Redskins initial free agency moves were noteworthy for two reasons: They represent a more pragmatic approach now that general manager Bruce Allen has been given control of the roster, and they didnt include a safety. Most of the top available safeties were snapped up wwithin hours of the start of free agency. Anthony Morrow Thunder Jersey. Jairus Byrd, T.J. Ward, Donte Whitner and Antoine Bethea are off the board. The Redskins made a play for Mike Mitchell, but he chose to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Redskins face uncertainty at both safety positions. Incumbents Brandon Meriweather and Reed Doughty are both free agents; Meriweather has battled injuries and inconsistency, while Doughty is more valuable in a special teams role. Washington drafted a pair of safeties last year, but Phillip Thomas missed the season with a foot injury and Bacarri Rambo lost a starting job after struggling early in the season. Clark turns 35 this year and is on the backside of his career, but he is expected to field offers from several teams before accepting an offer. He would add leadership to a defence that is losing captain London Fletcher, who plans to retire. The Redskins rue the fact that they didnt have Clark in his prime: He had eight productive seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers after Washington didnt re-sign him after the 2005 season, while Archuleta became one of the biggest free agent busts for a franchise that has had more than its share. Clark announced on ESPN that he would be visiting the Redskins, although his appearance on the Bristol-based network might have led to complications for his free agency plans. Late Wednesday, he tweeted: "Is this a sign? Crazy traffic in Conn. Might miss the flight to DC!" Later, he tweeted: "Man, now my flight is delayed! Sign .2? Come on man!" Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Profiel bekijkenStuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:      
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar:   

Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Wilt u geen reclame op dit forum en genieten van extra voordelen? Klik dan vlug hier voor meer informatie!