.:: K Lierse SK ::.

2012, at Coors Field with the Miami Marlins. ... Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren
Auteur Bericht
hfy962464

BerichtGeplaatst: 23-03-2018 08:43:53 Reageren met citaatTerug naar boven

INDIANAPOLIS - Terrence Ross came off the bench for the fifth time in Tuesdays game against the Pacers, Torontos most complete outing in weeks, but appears to be well on his way to earning back his spot in the Raptors starting lineup. Lukas Podolski Jersey . The third-year forward, who had started 102 consecutive games dating back to last season, was demoted after a series of underwhelming and disengaged performances 10 days earlier. At the time, the team had dropped seven of nine contests and Ross, while not solely responsible, had a lot to do with the slide. Now, with the Raptors trending back in the right direction, winning four of their last five, Ross is beginning to look like the player of old, the confident and assertive version that took a big step forward after stepping into the starting lineup last year. I was really impressed with the way Terrence played, Dwane Casey said following the Raptors 104-91 win in Indiana. His body language, his defensive presence, his attention to what hes supposed to be doing on the defensive end was huge. Although Ross was not perfect defensively, glaringly missing a few assignments on the perimeter in his 19 minutes of action, he was decisive and played within the flow of the game offensively, scoring 11 points on 5-of-10 shooting. Coming off another positive outing in Sundays win over Detroit, to which Casey praised him prior to Tuesdays game, Ross continued to demonstrate improved decision making ability, putting the ball on the floor and making plays off the dribble. With Greivis Vasquez stepping in as a temporary member of the first unit, the Raptors are beginning to rediscover their playing personally, holding four of their last five opponents under 100 points. Despite the relatively low degree of difficulty - Indiana is 28th in offensive efficiency - Torontos defence was especially impressive after a slow start on Tuesday. Trailing by seven at the end of the first quarter, having allowed the Pacers to shoot 50 per cent, they held the home team to 38 per cent the rest of the way. Ross was part of the group that turned the game around early in the second quarter. Of course, crediting Vasquezs move to the starting lineup with the teams almost immediate turn of fortunes would be misleading. This stretch also coincides with a friendlier stretch in the schedule as well as the return of DeMar DeRozan, who is starting to look like his old self after stringing together a pair of quality outings this week. So, with the Raptors winning once again, how long does Casey stick with whats working? He has reiterated the lineup change is not intended to be permanent. I dont call him a member of the second unit, hes a member of the team, Casey said of Ross ahead of Tuesdays contest. Its something thats not permanent. Its a chance to give him a breather, take some pressure off of him. Just to continue to play the way he [has been], said Casey, asked what Ross must do to get his starting gig back. Shot selection, defending with intensity, keeping the ball in front of him, just the whole nine yards is where I think Terrence needs to get back to. Hes made huge strides to get back there. While Ross, when focused and playing hard, is an asset to that first unit, spreading the floor and allowing DeRozan and Kyle Lowry room to operate, starting Vasquez has its merits as well. Despite his defensive deficiencies and some inconsistency with his jump shot, Vasquezs ability to handle the ball takes pressure off Lowry in the backcourt. But at 23 years old and with his speed, athleticism and versatility, its only a matter of time before Ross is reinstated. Thats been made clear. What Casey is looking for is consistency from the young forward. I think it was definitely a message to be sent but he took it in a professional way, Vasquez said of Caseys decision to bench Ross. Even though Im in the starting lineup, I want to see him get back in the starting lineup and do what he do. At the end of the day were a family here so were not trying to take anybodys spot, were just trying to win games. Im sure Coach is moving the pieces the right way. I think T-Ross, at any given point, he might be back. Who knows? Thats the coachs decision, but we need him, man. We need everyone in this room. One player who appears to be the odd man out as a result of this rotation shakeup is James Johnson, who did not log a single minute for the second time since the change was made. Externally, many have questioned and continue to doubt the rationale behind Johnsons limited minutes, but both Casey and the player himself have insisted theres nothing more to it, nothing going on behind the scenes that people are unaware of. Its simply a decision based on minute distribution under the recent lineup change. With two point guards in the starting lineup, the rotation is shortened. Vasquez is starting because of his ability to space the floor, something Johnson lacks, but also acts as the back-up point guard when Lowry is on the bench, hence his increased playing time. Lou Williams, another floor spacer, has not had his minutes altered off the bench and Casey still prefers to use Patrick Patterson and Tyler Hansbrough as his conventional bigs as opposed to playing small with Johnson at the four. As a result, theres roughly 18-22 minutes available per game on the wing for either Ross or Johnson. Word is Johnson is taking his decreased playing time in stride, handling it like a professional. Buying into his role, he has been a pleasant surprise for the Raptors this season, but despite his strong play in a few areas, hes not without his weaknesses. His range is limited offensively and his defensive prowess may be overstated as he has a tendency to gamble off his man, often irking the coaching staff. Ross is not without holes in his game as well. He has as many or more. But the 23-year-old is a more valuable long-term commodity and the Raptors have wisely committed to getting him right again. Johnsons game, while also important to the teams plans, is less likely to be impacted by a short layoff than the young Ross would. Splitting the 18 (or so) available minutes between them is also not a viable solution, it would be awfully difficult for either player to get in any kind of rhythm. Agree or disagree, this is the rotation Casey is riding with and, at least for now, it seems to be working. At some point, likely in the near future, the Raptors plan to revert back to their old lineup and minute distribution, returning Ross to the starting lineup and presumably freeing Johnson. ROUNDING OUT THE ALL-STAR ROSTERS Although Kyle Lowry and nine other starters, voted in by the fans last week, have already punched their ticket to New York for next months All-Star Game, there are still 14 more slots up for grabs. The process of selecting the reserves, seven for each the Eastern and Western Conference teams, took place on Tuesday as the NBAs 30 head coaches submitted their ballots, which will ultimately round out the rosters. Coaches are responsible for voting in the subs for their own conference, each of them selecting two guards, three frontcourt players and two wild cards (players at any position). Naturally, theyre prohibited from voting for their own players. As such, Casey has been doing some 11th-hour campaigning for DeRozan, in the hopes of getting a second Raptor to the game, although he understands its a long shot. Ive talked to other coaches, he said. I think for us, DeMar has carried us when hes been with us. Hes a big part of what we do [but] injuries have probably kept him from being an all-star. His case would likely start with the teams record, which some might argue is good enough to warrant two all-stars. However, it would be pretty tough to make a compelling argument for any Raptors outside of Lowry, let alone DeRozan, who missed 21 games with his groin injury. But like the conference itself, those reserve slots in the East are wide open. The closest player to a lock may be Chicagos Jimmy Butler, who would become a first-time all-star. Depending on who you ask, there are no easy choices. Between Jeff Teague, Kyle Korver, Al Horford and Paul Millsap, the Hawks should have at least a couple players on the team, but which ones? Horford, a former all-star, is their most important player but hes only recently gotten back to his pre-injury form. Teague and Millsap are enjoying career years and Korver is shooting the ball at a historic rate. As a 37-8 team, winners of 16 straight, its conceivable that all four end up on the team. Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh have all-star pedigrees but their performance has been sporadic for a middling team in Miami. The same can be said for the Cavaliers duo of Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love. Will the Easts coaches reward winning or vote for name brand players? Casey leaned toward the former when filling out his ballot. I look for guys who are playing the right way, guys that are contributing to their team winning, said the Raptors coach. Winnings important. And I think guys who are playing the game the right way, not guys just putting up numbers. I think that to me is [important] as a coach and I think every coach Ive talked to is voting that way. The reserves will be announced Thursday on TNT. Mario Gotze Jersey . Off-season additions Jermain Defoe and Michael Bradley did not train with the club today, prompting Nelsen to declare its too early to tell if either will be ready for Saturday. Sandro Wagner Jersey . Dallas (2-0-1) sits atop the Western Conference with an MLS-best seven points. Castillo opened the scoring in the 71st minute off a Mauro Diaz set piece, and Watson outran defender Tony Lochhead on a long ball and then juked goalkeeper Ian Kennedy for the eventual game-winner in the 78th minute. http://www.germanyfcsoccershop.com/c-35-marvin-plattenhardt-germany-jersey.aspx . At times during a solid but not spectacular season, they looked all three. Still the defending AFC champions persevered, riding their top-ranked defence and key contributions from younger players to a 12-4 record and their eighth playoff appearance since 2000, remarkable consistency in a league where change is the only constant.ANAHEIM, Calif. - After some tough outings, R.A. Dickeys knuckleball was back to doing the kinds of things that leave hitters walking back to the dugout shaking their heads. Dickey scattered four hits over seven innings for his first victory in over a month, Jose Reyes homered and drove in three runs and the Toronto Blue Jays ended a season-worst five-game skid Tuesday night with a 4-0 win over the Los Angeles Angels. "I just wanted to keep them guessing, as far as the speed goes," Dickey said. "And the movement was very good. When it was leaving my hand, I could see visible that it was moving in multiple directions." Dickey (7-Cool struck out five and walked one after losing his previous four starts. The 2012 NL Cy young Award winner got back in the win column for the first time since beating the Tigers on June 4. "It was rewarding because Ive been going over some things in the bullpen," he said. "When you have a good game, you certainly want to rejoice over that and not get too far ahead of yourself." Dickey allowed only two Angels to reach base through the first six innings. He gave up a one-out single to Erick Aybar in the second and a walk to Chris Iannetta two batters later before retiring Collin Cowgill on a flyball to end the threat. "I thought they would be a pretty patient team, not having seen the knuckleball this year at all. And they were. So I wanted to have a knuckleball that I could depend on for strikes," the 39-year-old right-hander said. "I tried to throw as many first-pitch strikes as I could — at least one of the first two pitches. That 74-mile-an-hour knuckleball was kind of my strike knuckleball tonight." Cowgill was the first of 12 consecutive outs for Dickey before Mike Trout doubled to left field with two outs in the sixth and was thrown out at third by Melky Cabrera. The Blue Jays climbed within 2 1-2 games of the AL East-leading Baltimore Orioles, who were rained out at Washington. They also snapped a seven-game road losing streak and ended the Angeels 11-game home winning streak, which fell one shy of the franchise record set in 1967. Custom Germany Jerseys. Tyler Skaggs (4-5) gave up three runs and 11 hits over 6 2-3 innings in his second start off the disabled list, after missing 23 games because of a right hamstring strain. The left-hander, pitching at Angel Stadium for the first time since May 20, is 0-4 with a 4.18 ERA in his last five starts overall. "I thought I threw the ball really well," said Skaggs, who beat the Blue Jays 5-3 on May 10 at Toronto. "When I faced them the last time, they were swinging early — and they kept swinging today. They swung the bats a lot better than Ive seen them in the past, and they put together good at-bats." Nolan Reimold, acquired Sunday off waivers from Baltimore, made his second start in right field as Jose Bautista remained at first base for the injured Edwin Encarnacion. Reimould doubled his first two times up. Reyes opened the scoring in the fifth with an RBI single that snapped Torontos 0-for-25 drought with runners in scoring position. Reyes increased the margin to 3-0, driving Skaggs 100th pitch into the left field bullpen with two outs in the seventh after a single by Munenori Kawasaki. Darin Martroianni added an RBI single in the eighth. NOTES: The Angels are going all out to help get RHP Garrett Richards the final spot on the AL All-Star squad through the internet fan balloting. During batting practice, they all wore black T-shirts with the hashtag: "VoteGRich" and 14 All-Star" in red lettering on the front — with his No. 43 on the backs. The grounds crew stenciled the hashtag on the infield dirt behind second base, behind the batters box, and on the back slope of the mound. ... Only one of Reyes last 53 home runs has come with more than one man on base — a three-run shot against Colorados Jeff Francis on Aug. 17, 2012, at Coors Field with the Miami Marlins. ... The Angels optioned INF Grant Green to Triple-A Salt Lake and recalled RHP Cam Bedrosian from Double-A Arkansas. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Profiel bekijkenStuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:      
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar:   

Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Wilt u geen reclame op dit forum en genieten van extra voordelen? Klik dan vlug hier voor meer informatie!