.:: K Lierse SK ::.

total raised since Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren
Auteur Bericht
hfy962464

BerichtGeplaatst: 24-04-2018 05:03:49 Reageren met citaatTerug naar boven

TAMPA, Fla. Sidney Jones Jersey . -- Joe Girardi found out about Derek Jeters retirement announcement the same way almost everyone else did: when the New York Yankees captain posted a letter to the world on his Facebook page this week. Girardi left snowy New York on Friday and arrived at spring training for his seventh year as Yankees manager, and he spent the first eight minutes of his 20-minute opening news conference discussing Jeters decision to retire after this season. "I think we were probably all a little bit taken aback by it," Girardi said. "Youre never sure how someones going to do it, but I had no inkling that thats what he was thinking." After missing the playoffs for just the second time in 19 years, the Yankees were back in business when pitchers and catchers reported ahead of Saturdays opening workout. Alex Rodriguezs locker was empty following his season-long suspension. Masahiro Tanaka inherited Mariano Riveras locker and Shawn Kelley got Andy Pettittes stall. Scott Sizemore, attending camp on a minor league contract, was assigned Robinson Canos jersey No. 24. Position players report next Wednesday, when Jeter holds a news conference at Steinbrenner Field to explain his decision. Girardi has exchanged texts with the 39-year-old shortstop but has not spoken with him. "This is going to be a guy thats hard to replace in your clubhouse and on your club," he said. "Its the nature of the business where people age and they move on and they go and do different things in their life, and in our life its a little bit quicker than some of the other working people of this world." Jeter was limited to 17 games last year after fracturing his left ankle in the 2012 playoffs and breaking it again last spring during his rehabilitation. Girardi said Jeter always told him "I feel great," but that he could sense frustration. After working out Friday with Brian Roberts at the Yankees minor league complex, Jeter demurred discussing his decision. "It makes no sense to do it here and then do it again over there, so Ill do it all over there one time," he said. And so now Jeter will go on a valedictory tour, much like Mariano Rivera did last year. Jeter is not the type to call attention to himself, making his public announcement before spring training all the more surprising. "It could have been just watching how Mo did it, and how much fun everyone seemed to have with it with Mo," Girardi said. "He might have said, you know, its a pretty good way to go out." Jeter has won five World Series titles with the Yankees but none since 2009, and his final lap of the major leagues figures to set the theme as New York tries for title No. 28. His teammates looked forward to speaking with him after he reports. "Not really surprised, saddened I guess that hes not going to be around," ace pitcher CC Sabathia said. "You want a guy like that to play forever." Having witnessed Chipper Jones final season with the Atlanta Braves in 2012, new Yankees catcher Brian McCann is looking forward to Jeters last go-round. "Hes been the face of baseball since he broke in," McCann said. "I went through it with one Hall of Famer. Im going to go through it with another." David Robertson, inheriting the closers role from Rivera, hadnt thought Jeter would make his plans known before the seasons end. "But Im really glad he did," he said. "I think its going to give the fans a chance to come out this year and see him in his final season in pinstripes." Robertsons new job is one of many changes for the Yankees, who spent $471 million on free agents, including a $20 million payment to Tanakas old club in Japan. McCann and outfielders Jacoby Ellsbury and Carlos Beltran are among the many newcomers, and first baseman Mark Teixeira is returning from a wrist injury that sidelined him most of last season. Cano -- the Yankees top hitter -- left for a $240 million, 10-year deal with Seattle. Girardi predicted for the April 1 opener at Houston that Yankees players at every position other than pitcher will be different from opening day last year. The only time thats happened in franchise history was 1947, according to STATS. "I think it is probably the biggest transition Ive been through," Girardi said. "I need to learn a lot of new faces fairly quickly." Caleb Sturgis Jersey .com) - The Dallas Mavericks had a five-game winning streak snapped last time out, but theyll try to get back into the winners circle Sunday evening when the Milwaukee Bucks pay a visit to American Airlines Center. Vinny Curry Jersey .com) - Jimmy Butler made four key free throws down the stretch to lift the Chicago Bulls over the Boston Celtics, 109-102, on Friday. http://www.theeaglesshoponline.com/Youth-Isaac-Seumalo-Eagles-Jersey/ . Jacob Jacques, Andrew Ryan and Jonathan Drouin also scored for Halifax (37-18-3), who outshot the Islanders 40-26. Kevin Darveau stopped 25 shots. Bradley Kennedy had the lone goal for Charlottetown (18-33-5), which has nine losses in its last 10 games.OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Oakland Athletics hope they are poised for another spectacular September like the one that propelled them to an improbable AL West title over the Texas Rangers on the final day last season. The Rangers arrive Monday for an important three-game series, clinging to a one-game division lead over Oakland with six meetings left. Coco Crisp and Stephen Vogt homered, A.J. Griffin struck out seven in seven innings, and Oakland completed a three-game sweep of fellow playoff contender Tampa Bay with a 5-1 victory Sunday. "This is what we look forward to, a chance to control our own destiny and get where we want to be, and thats to win the division," third baseman Josh Donaldson said. The As are on a nice little roll again. Oakland pulled off a pair of one-run wins before Sundays result against the Rays, who are right behind Oakland in the AL wild-card race. "The games were a little more electric, definitely, playing against a good team, a scrappy team like Tampa and being in the situation were in alongside of them," Crisp said. "They do bring the energy and playing against a team like that the atmosphere it has been a little bit more intense." After Crisp led off the bottom of the first with a home run, James Loney tied it with his own longball in the top of the second. Griffin (12-9) settled in after that to win his second straight outing following a four-start winless stretch in which he was 0-2. Griffin allowed one run on five hits and walked one. He yielded his majors-leading 33rd home run, most since current pitching coach Curt Young gave up 38 in 1987. The defence behind him made some crucial stops. Wil Myers was thrown out at the plate to end the seventh trying for the tying run on a single by Desmond Jennings. Griffin was there to congratulate catcher Vogt, who took Donaldsons relay and tagged Myers on his second swipe after the baserunner tried to avoid Vogt and went over the bag. Donaldson said replay showed Vogt tagged him the first time. "I knew the situation, the line drive was hit to my right and I froze on it. I should have gotten a better read on it," Myers said. "I didnt know where the ball was so I was just trying to avoid the tag. When youre not scoring runs, things like that get magnified." Vogt then connected for his third home run in the bottom of the seventh, against the club that traded him to the As on April 5. Oakland earned its first sweep in a series of three or more games since June 11-13 against the Yankees. The As have won six of seven and seven of nine following ann 8-13 stretch from July 30-Aug. LeGarrette Blount Jersey. 23. "Were in a good groove right now and looking to keep that going," Griffin said. Tampa Bay missed another chance in the eighth. Pinch-hitter Kelly Johnson led off with double, but fresh September additions Luke Scott and Delmon Young failed to deliver against Sean Doolittle. The Rays swept the As in April, then Oakland returned the favour to leave the season series even -- meaning a possible tiebreaker for the wild card would next go to intra-division records. "I dont want the game," As manager Bob Melvin said of a potential one-game playoff. The skipper is scoreboard watching when it comes to Texas. On a day when the typically sure-handed Rays struggled with the afternoon sun and committed two errors, they dropped their fourth straight. Tampa Bay has scored just five runs during the skid. Oakland capitalized on the miscues. Rays manager Joe Maddon chose to go with Jamey Wright as a spot starter over lefty Roberto Hernandez against the As left-heavy lineup. Wright went 1 2-3 innings in his first start since 2007 with Texas, leaving with the game tied at 1 in the second. He allowed five of his nine batters to reach base. Alex Torres (4-1) -- the first of six Rays relievers -- pitched 3 1-3 innings of relief, giving up a go-ahead RBI single to Brandon Moss in the third. After leading the majors with an Oakland-record 13 doubles in August, Jed Lowrie started September with another in the fifth. Crisp matched his career high with his 16th home run, his fifth this year leading off the game, 11th with the As and 13th for his career. Is he ready for another strong September? The As went 17-11 over the final month of 2012. Crisp laughed and said, "If I knew the answer to that I wouldnt be playing baseball." NOTES: Wright became just the 19th Rays pitcher to start a game since 2008. ... As RF Josh Reddick no longer has pain in his right wrist after getting an injection Wednesday. He hopes to start take some swings in the cage Monday and be eligible to return from the disabled list on schedule Sept. 10. "The way things are going theres a decent chance he could be activated after 15 days," Melvin said. ... Oakland promoted four players from Triple-A Sacramento: LHP Pedro Figueroa, INFs Andy Parrino and Jemile Weeks and OF Michael Choice. To clear a spot on the 40-man roster for Choice, the As designated C Luke Montz for assignment. ... The As raised $61,395 on their annual breast cancer awareness day, bringing their total raised since 1999 to more than $1.3 million. China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 ' ' '
Profiel bekijkenStuur privébericht
Max123

BerichtGeplaatst: 20-04-2023 09:09:14 Reageren met citaatTerug naar boven

Board EModel Paper 2023 Aspirants who had Registered for the Board 12th Class Exam can Download the Previous Paper When Board Announces the Dates to Download the Question Paper. emodelpaper.in Board Question Papers will be Provided Very Soon Through Online Mode and all the Applicants Should Visit the Official Page Regularly for More Information Regarding Previous Paper, Examination Date. Check the Below Provided Details for More Information About the Board Model Paper.
Profiel bekijkenStuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:      
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar:   

Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Wilt u geen reclame op dit forum en genieten van extra voordelen? Klik dan vlug hier voor meer informatie!