.:: K Lierse SK ::.

first defenceman to score the go- Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren
Auteur Bericht
hfy962464

BerichtGeplaatst: 15-06-2018 05:06:03 Reageren met citaatTerug naar boven

PHILADELPHIA - The fans call him Scoracek in Philadelphia and no player has done more of it this season in the NHL. Iago Aspas Spain Jersey .Jake Voraceks next stop could be the All-Star game.Voracek bolstered his case as one of the top stars in the game, scoring 1:28 into overtime to lift the Philadelphia Flyers to a 3-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Thursday night.Voracek scored his 16th goal of the season on the power player to give the Flyers their second win of the homestand. They had their first shootout win since 2013 against Ottawa on Tuesday. R.J. Umberger and Sean Courturier also scored for the Flyers.Voracek leads the league with 33 assists and his 49 points are just 13 shy of matching a career best.Im not sure that he really thinks about being the top scorer in the league, coach Craig Berube said. He wants to win hockey games.Voracek needs to help the Flyers win more, fast.The Flyers entered Thursday nine points behind the Boston Bruins for the final Eastern Conference playoff spot and play eight of their next 11 games at home as they make that crucial push for contention.These next 20 games mean a lot, Umberger said. If you get into March and youre nine points out, youre in trouble. We need to make up a lot of ground here in the next 20 games.Alex Ovechkin and Karl Alzner scored for the Capitals, who twice blew one-goal leads.Alzner put the Capitals ahead 2-1 early in the third on a shot from the left point that appeared to skim off Ovechkin and into the net. After a lengthy review on a potential high stick call on Ovechkin, the goal stood and the Caps went up 2-1.Alzners fourth goal of the season is just three shy of matching his career total in six seasons coming into this one.Washingtons celebration was short lived.Umberger, the overpriced and unproductive centre, gave Flyers fans a rare chance to cheer for him when he slid hard on his left knee and pounded home a rebound off the boards to make it 2-all.Braden Holtby started a Washington goalie-record 17th straight game and played in his 23rd straight overall. Holtby had 31 saves in Washingtons 6-2 win Wednesday against Toronto and was strong in his second start in as many nights.I think its tougher for all guys, everyone, Holtby said. No different for goalies than anyone else. You just mentally prepare a little different, might not be quite as extra energy as some nights.Coach Barry Trotz brushed off a question before the game about analytics data showing goalies should not start both games in back-to-backs.Everyone throws them toward me, Trotz said. Theres a place for analytics, but theres also a place for the old eyeball test.Holtby had 31 saves — just not the big one against Voracek.We stuck with it. Its hard to do in the position we are, Voracek said.Steve Mason, who left Wednesdays practice early with soreness, stopped 26 shots.Ovechkin does what Ovechkin does against the Flyers, scoring his whopping 28th goal in 34 career games against them. Mason never had a chance once Ovechkin fired from the left circle for a power-play goal 3:08 into the game. Ovechkin scored his 21st goal of the season and now has one in five straight games. Ovechkin last scored goals in five straight games in March 2013.But he had little help the rest of the way.Maybe it was just our mentality thinking this was going to be an easy game, he said.Courturier evened the score with his 10th goal of the season midway through the period, punching in the puck after it bounced off a couple of players in front of the net.The Flyers left the period down a defenceman after Nicklas Grossmann suffered an upper-body injury and did not return. Grossmanns right shoulder was slammed into the boards and he was slow to his feet. He was checked by a Flyers trainer and helped off the ice.Grossmann had eight points on the season and played in all 40 games.NOTES: The Flyers played the Capitals for the first of four times this season and for the 200th time in the series. ... The game featured a Braydon (Coburn), a Brayden (Schenn) and a Braden (Holtby). ... Trotz was cut by a skate on his forehead when players when over the boards chasing the puck. My modeling career is out the door anyway, he said. ... Former Capitals G Wayne Stephenson played in 22 straight games in the 1979-80 season. ... Alzner scored two goals in 82 games last season. Saul Niguez Jersey . Leave it to Matt Niskanen, the newly proclaimed Eddie Haskell of the Washington Capitals. Andres Iniesta Spain Jersey . - Suspended Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon has voluntarily checked into a treatment facility and seems to be doing well. http://www.soccerspainfansshop.com/Alvaro-Odriozola-UEFA-European-Germany-Jersey/ . INJURIES - Reds RF Jay Bruce is facing knee surgery for a torn meniscus and it could cost him a month of playing time. Chris Heisey, who has shown some pop (43 home runs, .BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Matt DAgostini and the last-place Buffalo Sabres caught Zdeno Chara and the Atlantic Division-leading Boston Bruins by surprise Wednesday night. After squandering a 3-1 lead, the Sabres rallied for two goals in the span of 75 seconds to steal away a 5-4 overtime victory. DAgostini sealed it by outracing a flat-footed Chara to a loose puck and scoring on a partial breakaway 22 seconds into the extra period. Forcing the turnover at the Bruins blue line, DAgostini managed to shift the puck from his forehand to his backhand and slip a shot in under Chad Johnsons pad. "I could tell (Chara) didnt know Id be coming up from behind him. I think he just thought he had time to go back and retrieve the puck," DAgostini said. "I heard their bench screaming. I tried a little sneak attack on him in there, so it was good that I got by him." Matt Moulson forced overtime by scoring with 53 seconds left in regulation. Brian Flynn had a goal and assist, while Tyler Myers and Zemgus Girgensons also scored for Buffalo. It was a big win for Sabres backup goalie Jhonas Enroth, who stopped 29 shots and snapped an 0-10-4 skid to improve to 2-12-5 this season. "That felt very nice to get a win finally again," said Enroth, who also won for the first time in 12 home starts, dating to a 3-1 victory over Tampa Bay on April 14 of last season. "Ive had these kind of games go against me, so it was nice to have one of these for me." Chara, Milan Lucic, Brad Marchand and Chris Kelly scored for the Bruins (37-16-5) in their first game after the NHLs two-week Olympic break. The Sabres (17-34-Cool at least had the benefit of having opened the break with a 3-2 win over Carolina on Tuesday night. The Bruins had been off since a 7-2 win against Ottawa on Feb. 8, and featured five players -- including Chara -- still dealing with the effects of jetlag after competing at the Sochi Games. "I thought offensively, I didnt mind our game," Bruins coach Claude Julien said. "You score four goals, you should win those kind of games. But certainly, we were definitely rusty defensively." That was particuularly the case on DAgostinis goal. Marco Asensio Spain Jersey. "I think (Chara) was surprised," Julien said. "But definitely we should have that puck." Boston is still 8-1-3 in its past 12, and hasnt lost in regulation in seven straight road games (4-0-3). The game featured several swings of momentum, with Buffalo building a 3-1 lead when Flynn scored 9:10 into the second period. The Bruins stormed back. Chara scored 2:25 later by stuffing in a rebound for a power-play goal during a scramble in front. Marchand then tied it at 3 with 2:14 left in the frame, and was set up by teammate Reilly Smith, who stripped the puck from Buffalo forward-turned-defenceman John Scott in the right corner. Boston then appeared to take control when Lucic made it 4-3 by scoring a power-play goal with 10:17 left. The Sabres responded with Moulsons goal. With Enroth pulled for an extra attacker, Moulson got the puck in the right corner of the Bruins end. In attempting to feed a pass to Drew Stafford in front, the puck hit off the skate of Bruins defenceman Johnny Boychuk. Moulson got to the loose puck and stuffed it in. "Its tough to not get that feeling of, Its the Boston Bruins, theyre back in the game now," DAgostini said. "But we kept playing. We defended. We got big saves from Jhonas, which was huge, and we ended up gutting one out." Enroth got the start a day after Ryan Miller made 36 saves and also added two assists against Carolina. Enroth, who returned to Buffalo on Monday, was backup to Sweden starter Henrik Lundqvist at Sochi. Buffalo won consecutive games for only the third time this season, and first since Dec. 17-19. NOTES: Sabres C Tyler Ennis did not play due to undisclosed soreness. ... By scoring the winner against Carolina with 44 seconds left, Christian Ehrhoff became the Sabres first defenceman to score the go-ahead goal in the final minute of the third period. ... The Bruins went with Johnson, who stopped 21 shots. Johnson started in place of Tuukka Rask, who remained in Boston to refresh after returning from Sochi, where he helped Finland beat the United States for the bronze medal Saturday. Wholesale Jerseys 2019 China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Profiel bekijkenStuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:      
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar:   

Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Wilt u geen reclame op dit forum en genieten van extra voordelen? Klik dan vlug hier voor meer informatie!