.:: K Lierse SK ::.

Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren
Auteur Bericht
zhangzk

BerichtGeplaatst: 30-11-2018 02:47:35 Reageren met citaatTerug naar boven

If you root for the Bengals Womens Customized Pittsburgh Steelers Jerseys , you probably think I’m a smug, arrogant and entitled Steelers fan, based on the title of this article—and you’d be right...when it comes to the Bengals. No offense. When the Steelers righted their ship last Sunday with a thorough and thoroughly enjoyable 41-17 beating of the Falcons at Heinz Field, I thought it was fitting that their next opponent would be AFC North “rival” Cincinnati. What perfect timing.The Steelers can go into Paul Brown Stadium, their home away from home, and continue to get well by knocking off the AFC North’s “top” team. That’s right, I put the word top in quotation marks, and it’s because I think the Bengals’ current 4-1 record is about as menacing at Dr. Evil’s laser in Austin Powers 2: The Spy Who Shagged Me.Let’s be honest, baby, the Bengals don’t have the mojo, the libido, the life-force, the essence, the right stuff. What the Browns call a certain...they don’t know what.I mean, who are we kidding, why would I, or any other Steelers’ fan, be scared of Cincinnati? I think its pretty clear that Pittsburgh has been living rent-free in the Bengals’ heads for many years. The Bengals haven’t defeated Pittsburgh since Week 8 of the 2015 season. Since then, they’ve dropped 6-straight to the Steelers, this despite supposedly having a talented roster. There was that game at Cincinnati in December of 2015, where linebacker Vontaze Burfict tried to hurt so many Steelers, head coach Mike Tomlin didn’t even want to shake his hand after Pittsburgh got done beating the Bengals by 13 points—and Tomlin is a freakin’ player’s coach! A few weeks later, there was that wildcard game at Paul Brown Stadium where the...okay, I won’t do that to you. You know what happened at the end of that game.The following December, the Steelers found themselves back at Paul Brown Stadium and also found themselves in a 17-3 hole. The free-loading tenant would finally get kicked out of the Bengals’ minds. Ha ha, just kidding. What really happened was that Pittsburgh came all the way back to win on the strength of six Chris Boswell field goals. And last December, again at PBS, Cincinnati built a 17-0 lead, before two Bengals’ defenders stood around near the sidelines and watched as Steelers’ running back Le’Veon Bell strolled past them for a touchdown that helped pave the way to a 23-20 victory. Now, on to this week’s game between the two combatants at Paul Brown Stadium. You’re probably waiting for me to break things down in an analytical way, with the help of statistics, matchups and trends.Hahaha, why would I do that, when it doesn’t seem to matter how these two teams are trending and performing in the weeks prior to facing off? My first prediction for Sunday’s game: Burfict, in his crazy zest to get revenge on Steelers’ receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster for Smith-Schuster’s vicious (and awesome) block of Burfict, last December 4 www.steelerscheapauthenticstore.com , followed by some disrepsectful (and glorious) taunting, will pull out all the stops by doing something so egregious — I’m predicting Burfict will bring a sack of doorknobs out onto the field at some point—he’ll probably get penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct twice...on the same play. This will play a major role in a narrow-victory by the Steelers on Sunday afternoon, followed by many trips to therapists by Bengals’ fans on Monday morning. My second and final prediction for Sunday’s game: Steelers 26, Bengals 21.How will the two teams arrive at that score? Simply by the Steelers being the Steelers, and the Bengals being the Bengals. The end.Steelers vs. Falcons: 9 Winners and 2 Losers after the huge win over Atlanta in Week 5 The Pittsburgh Steelers and Atlanta Falcons took part in a huge game at Heinz Field on Sunday, and the Steelers presented their loyal fan base with their first home win of the regular season. The 41-17 victory was the most complete performance by the team to date, and there were some good, and bad, performances worthy of recognition.During the game, some perform well, while others fall short of the standard. This is where the Winners and Losers column comes in. After the game, when the dust settles, we decipher who falls into which category. As always, feel free to comment on the list in the comment section below. Be part of the conversation!WinnersJames ConnerStat Line: 21 carries, 110, 2 TDs / 4 receptions, 75 yards, 4 targetsWhat else is there to say about James Conner’s day which hasn’t already been said? I haven’t seen a running back so hard to bring down since Jerome Bettis roamed the backfield for the Steelers. Conner, when given the opportunity, has proven he is up for the task at hand. Kudos to Conner for taking advantage of a game plan which had him as the focal point.Image
Antonio BrownStat Line: 6 receptions, 101 yards, 2 TDsIt wasn’t always pretty, and it started off rough, but the Ben to Brown connection caught fire at the right time. While essentially shut out in the first half, Brown exploded in the second for his first 100 yard receiving performance of the season. Hopefully this connection is just starting to heat up at just the right time.Ben RoethlisbergerStat Line: 19/29, 250 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 112.7 Passer RatingRoethlisberger’s stat line is what Steelers fans should want to see. Nothing crazy, but efficient football. Take away his idiotic interception, more on that later, and Roethlisberger played a very good game. He took what the defense was giving him, and the Steelers offense dominated. 9 of 12 on 3rd downs was a very nice change in the right direction, and largely because of the play of No. 7.Roosevelt NixStat Line: Blocked punt, dominating lead blockingWhen the Steelers gave Roosevelt Nix a new contract this offseason, some wondered why they would do that when they rarely use a fullback in the offense. Probably because he does so much more than lead blocking on this team. Nix’s special teams play has been phenomenal Pittsburgh Steelers T-Shirt , and he proved this again when he blocked the Falcons’ punt in the later portion of the game. Throw in some great lead blocking and Nix deserves to be in the winner column today.T.J. WattStat Line: 8 tackles, 6 solo, 3 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 3 QB hitsEveryone has said it, “When will T.J. Watt be showing up?” It seemed as if the second year linebacker’s only good performances came against the lowly Browns, but he changed this narrative with a dominating performance against the Falcons. Matt Ryan had been sacked 10 times coming into Week 5, and Watt added 3 more to that total by himself. Watt looked dynamic as ever, and the hope is he can continue this, and sustain it, for a full season.Mike HiltonStat Line: 2 tackles, 1 solo, 2 QB hitsSometimes you don’t appreciate someone until they are gone. This was the case with Mike Hilton when the cornerback missed the Week 4 game vs. the Baltimore Ravens with an elbow injury. With Hilton back in the mix on Sunday vs. Atlanta, the defense had a completely different feel. Hilton was a presence on the edge blitzing from the slot, and when they had to account for him it left more one-on-one matchups for the defensive linemen — and the Steelers were winning those matchups. Hilton is a much more valuable piece to the Steelers’ puzzle than most probably think.Joe HadenStat Line: 5 tackles, 5 solo, held Julio Jones to 5 rec. and 62 yardsDuring the game I wondered if the Steelers would have Haden follow Julio Jones, and it didn’t take long for the beat writers to say he was during the game. I became more and more impressed as the game went on and Jones was without a catch. In fact, it wasn’t until the second half when Jones recorded his first reception, and Haden is one of the main reasons why. Haden doesn’t just bring solid play to the field, but also is the glue which keeps the defense together. Haden might just be the defense’s MVP so far this season.The Coaching StaffStat Line: Huge bounce back performance in a must-win gameI’ve always believed coaches get too much blame when they lose, and not enough credit when they win. Everyone loves to bash Mike Tomlin, Keith Butler and Randy Fichtner when the team struggles, but what about when the team puts together a tremendous win in all phases of the game? Time to give the coaching staff some love. With their backs against the wall, desperate for a win, the team delivered. Offensive LineStat Line: 0 Sacks allowed / 131 rushing yards at 4.5 ypcTalk about a dominant performance. When the Steelers were taking a balanced approach to the offense, the big guys up front did more than enough for Randy Fichtner’s plan to work to perfection. Not allowing a sack, and dominating in the run game is a huge lift for this veteran group.LosersChris BoswellStat Line: 5/6 XPOn a day when he wasn’t called on to kick a field goal, missing an extra point is unacceptable. This points being left on the field are killers, just as the Green Bay Packers and Mason Crosby.Ben Roethlisberger’s Horrid INTStat Line: That was awfulI know Roethlisberger was also a winner, but he falls in the loser category for just one play. His interception at the end of the half was more than horrendous. It was atrocious. It was any other adjective you want to use, I have to keep it clean here on the site, but it was bad. Those are the types of plays which can lose you a football game. I am left wondering how many points the Steelers could have scored if not for Roethlisberger’s bone-headed play.
Profiel bekijkenStuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:      
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar:   

Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Wilt u geen reclame op dit forum en genieten van extra voordelen? Klik dan vlug hier voor meer informatie!