.:: K Lierse SK ::.

Julius Peppers Jersey Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren
Auteur Bericht
linchao

BerichtGeplaatst: 12-11-2019 04:53:35 Reageren met citaatTerug naar boven

Every NFL team should have a trade up scenario. Here’s one for the Panthers." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteCat Scratch Readera Carolina Panthers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsAboutPanthersOddsShopStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomFiled under:Panthers 2019 NFL DraftShould the Carolina Panthers trade up to draft a pass rusher?New Julius Peppers Jersey ,57commentsEvery NFL team should have a trade up scenario. Here’s one for the Panthers.EDTShareTweetShareShareShould the Carolina Panthers trade up to draft a pass rusher?Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty ImagesA week ago I would have said there are potentially two positions the Panthers would consider trading up to fill in the 2019 draft: left tackle and edge rusher. With the re-signing of offensive tackle Daryl Williams and the release of Matt Kalil it appears the Panthers are comfortable at the tackle position. That may not be a correct assumption but I’m going to assume it is for the trade up scenarios I’m about to postulate.So who would be a Panthers trading partner in a trade up? Well the Panthers favorite partner these last couple of seasons, the Buffalo Bills, are sitting seven spots ahead of the Panthers. To move from No. 16 to No. 9 would cost a second round pick. So let’s say the plan is to trade next year’s second rounder (it could be No. 64) to move up into the top ten as the first scenario. In my second round scenario the Panthers use the same pick to move up in the second round. First round trade up scenarioSo what edge rushers would be worth the price for the Panthers to trade up with the Bills to the No. 9 spot? Let’s name a couple easy ones first. Nick Bosa and Josh Allen seem obvious to me. There is no chance Bosa goes lower than third or that time Allen gets past the Buccaneers at No. 5 overall. So that leaves these four players as possibilities, Montez Sweat, Rashan Gary, Clelin Ferrell and Brian Burns. All three players are being pegged as top-15 players and not expected to slip to the No. 16 spot. I’ve already discussed my preference for Sweat at No. 16 before he blew up the combine. As far as Gary DJ Moore Color Rush Jersey , even if the Panthers think he is worth the price he would still be a bit of a project as Billy Marshall points out in his profile on Gary:That leaves Brian Burns and Clelin Ferrell, two contrasting players. Burns brings the speed and bend to the edge while Ferrell is more about power. Rivera could find either very useful in his 2019 defense. Yet my problem with a trade up is either could also be available at number sixteen.My final thoughts on a trade up for an edge rusher in the first are that Bosa and Allen are no brainers and three (Burns, Ferrell and Gary) of the other four, though likely to be drafted before No. 16, the Panthers should not jump up to draft them. Montez Sweat on the other hand would be worth the price. Of course there are a couple of other defensive players the Panthers could instead target in a first round trade up. There is no way Alabama defensive tackle Quinnen Williams lasts to No. 9 but he would be well worth the price. Another possibility is linebacker Devin White from LSU. We know how Rivera covets linebackers and he has a spot open for a new starter in his 4-3 alignments. Rivera also needs a linebacker to play next to Luke Kuechly in 3-4 packages, something White could play as well:If White’s only weakness is reading defenses well who better to teach him that than Luke Kuechly? Don’t overlook this scenario James Color Rush Bradberry Jersey , the Panthers have made much more surprising moves in the past. For you skeptics though I also see a first round trade up as an unlikely scenario and not one I advocate either. I have always preferred to not trade up or down and just use my given picks wisely. But sometimes players you never think will be there come into reach and so teams have learned to be prepared for the unexpected. I’m sure every general manager has a player they decided to not trade up for that they regret in hindsight.Likewise there are examples where teams pulled traded up with that seemed like a stiff price at first but was quickly forgotten once the player performed at an elite level. Julio Jones is an example that comes to mind. The Falcons gave up five draft picks to jump from No. 27 to No. 6. It seemed steep at the time but it’s hard to say he hasn’t been worth it. Let me wind down by saying I’m not ruling out a trade up for a left tackle in the first round in spite of the Daryl Williams signing. There are a couple worth the price and when combined with my potential second round trade up scenario could result in the Panthers landing both a starting tackle and a coveted edge rusher. By trading both their 2019 and 2020 picks the Panthers can get back into the final third of the first round. Check back tomorrow for more thoughts on a second round trade up scenario. CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Carolina Panthers have stability at the quarterback position. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are desperately in search of the same.The teams appear headed in different directions entering an NFC South showdown Sunday in Charlotte — and quarterback play is a big reason why.Ryan Fitzpatrick replaces Jameis Winston, who was benched after committing 11 turnovers in his last 3 ˝ games for the Buccaneers (3-4). With the former Harvard standout back at the helm, the Bucs are trying to rekindle some of the “Fitzmagic” that helped them to a 2-0 start that included a win over the New Orleans Saints.They’ve since lost four of their last five.“I think Jameis is one of the best quarterbacks in the world and I think he will be back,” Bucs coach Dirk Koetter said. “A lot of teams don’t switch because they have an untested backup or they’re afraid to put their backup in there — and we don’t have either of those. Right now, we just have to stop turning the ball over and so we’re going to go with Fitz.”Panthers coach Ron Rivera has never benched his franchise quarterback Cam Newton because of his performance.And he’s not about to this year.The Panthers (5-2) enter the game looking for their 10th straight home win behind Newton Ian Thomas Jersey , who is playing his best football since earning league MVP honors in 2015 and leading Carolina to the Super Bowl. Newton has 17 combined touchdowns. He’s thrown only four interceptions all season — the same amount Winston threw in last week’s loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.Rivera said he realizes how lucky he is to have Newton at the helm.“It shows you how important it is to have a franchise quarterback and have the position stabilized,” Rivera said.PROLIFIC OFFENSEDespite the quarterback change, the Bucs are still first in the NFL in passing and total offense. They’ve thrown for 2,634 yards — the second-highest total through the first seven games of a season in NFL history behind the 2000 St. Louis Rams (2,637). They have 19 touchdown passes, third-most in the league behind Kansas City (26) and Indianapolis (23).Koetter concedes the Bucs Curtis Samuel Color Rush Jersey , who are 28th in rushing at 91.3 yards per game, have evolved into a pass-first team.Panthers safety Eric Reid said Carolina is preparing the same way regardless of who is under center, noting that both QBs like to throw the ball deep.“Their offense runs the same with both guys,” Reid said.NEWTON’S SHOULDERRivera didn’t appear concerned about Newton’s right shoulder, even though the eighth-year QB has been limited in practice the last two weeks. In fact, Newton declined last week to throw a Hail Mary pass just before halftime Daeshon Hall Jersey , telling the coaches he didn’t feel comfortable doing that. That might explain, in part, why Newton hasn’t attempted many passes down the field this season.However, Koetter said he doesn’t see anything wrong with Newton’s arm strength.“Man if he’s got a sore arm, I’d hate to see the real deal,” Koetter said. “Cam has always had a cannon. He can stand flat-footed and put that thing on a line. I’ve been in this division a long time Trai Turner Color Rush Jersey , and arm strength is probably about the 159th thing on the list that you’d be worried about with Cam.”PROTECTING CAMThe Bucs will make it a priority pressure Newton, but that hasn’t proven easy to do this season.Newton has been sacked a league-low 10 times because he’s getting the ball out quicker playing in new coordinator Norv Turner’s scheme and the patchwork offensive line is “protecting Cam better than he ever has been before,” Rivera said.Newton said while a lot of people think Carolina’s offensive line is made up of “misfits and undesirables,” he added “those guys have been playing lights out.”FAST STARTDefensive end Jason Pierre-Paul has a sack in a Bucs franchise-record six consecutive games. With eight of the team’s 16 sacks through seven games, he’s nearly halfway to the career-best 16 ˝ he had for the New York Giants when he was an All-Pro in 2011. Tampa Bay, which acquired Pierre-Paul in an offseason trade Taylor Moton Jersey , hasn’t had a player finish with 10 or more sacks since Simeon Rice in 2005.“I am so excited about what Jason’s brought to us,” defensive coordinator Mark Duffner said. “He practices hard, he prepares hard. This guy is on a mission and it’s been beautiful to see and be around.”MORE OF MOOREThe Buccaneers can expect to see a heavy dose of speedy rookie wide receiver D.J. Moore. With Torrey Smith out with a knee injury last week against Baltimore, Moore took advantage of his increased playing time and led the Panthers with 90 yards receiving and added 39 yards rushing on two carries. Smith is out this Sunday, too.
Profiel bekijkenStuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:      
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar:   

Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Wilt u geen reclame op dit forum en genieten van extra voordelen? Klik dan vlug hier voor meer informatie!