.:: K Lierse SK ::.

Telvin Smith Color Rush Jersey Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren
Auteur Bericht
linchao

BerichtGeplaatst: 16-11-2019 08:10:05 Reageren met citaatTerug naar boven

Nick Foles and John DeFilippo have bonded for life.They’ve spent countless hours in the same meeting room Telvin Smith Color Rush Jersey , breaking down tapes, fine-tuning game plans and exchanging ideas. Nights, weekends, holidays. They’ve argued and apologized. They’ve laughed and bemoaned.They’ve celebrated on the NFL’s grandest stage .Now, after going their separate ways, they’ve reunited in Jacksonville and taken on the challenge of turning one of the NFL’s most anemic offenses into something special.Foles and “Flip” hope to make the Jaguars a contender again.“Whether we won a Super Bowl or not, I would like to think that our friendship would be strong no matter what,” DeFilippo said Thursday. “We kind of see stuff the same way, see life the same way, so it’s easy.”Foles, the quarterback T.J. Yeldon Jersey , and DeFilippo, his position coach, helped the Eagles win it all during the 2017 season.Foles replaced starter Carson Wentz late in the season, led Philly to the championship game and then earned Super Bowl MVP honors. Foles came off the bench again late last year and won a postseason game.Jacksonville targeted Foles long before free agency and surely had to think hiring DeFilippo as offensive coordinator would help land the prized free-agent quarterback. Coach Doug Marrone brought DeFilippo aboard in January, two months before Foles hit the open market.More Jacksonville Jaguars newsJets’ Darnold throws 3 more picks in 29-15 loss at JaguarsRams get CB Jalen Ramsey from Jaguars for 3 draft picksBridgewater now 4-0 as starter after Saints top Jaguars 13-6Jaguars once elite defense struggles as Gardner Minshew, DJ Chark build chemistryLeonard Fournette runs for career-high as Jaguars mount comeback to beat Broncos“It wasn’t one of those things where I was standing on a table or recruiting or anything like that,” DeFilippo said. “But I was definitely involved in the process.”DeFilippo might have as much to prove as Foles, who has yet to start more than 11 games in any of his seven NFL seasons.Minnesota parted ways with DeFilippo in mid-December, reportedly for failing to commit to the ground game.“I’m kind of where my feet are at the present time,” DeFilippo said. “That’s how I have handled life. That’s how I’ve handled my journey in the NFL, both in my ups and downs. There have been a lot of both Lerentee McCray Color Rush Jersey , and I think that’s the nature of the NFL in today’s world. I’m not going to sit here and do some of the things and handle some of the things here the way they were handled up there. That is just not how I operate.”The 41-year-old DeFilippo spent less than a year with the Vikings. Minnesota hired him after two seasons in Philadelphia, where he was praised for his work with Foles and Wentz.“We have gone through so much together,” Foles said. “We know each other’s personalities. He knows how I like to play the game, what my tendencies are. We know how to work together. When you go into a new team, it is not always that way where you are familiar with someone. I am really familiar with Flip, so I’m excited about that.”Jacksonville could benefit the most from the reunion.The Jags ranked 27th in yards and 31st in points in 2018. They blamed much of the drop-off on injuries, with receiver Marqise Lee, running back Leonard Fournette and a number of tight ends and offensive linemen missing significant time.Inconsistent quarterback Blake Bortles was unable to pick up the slack. Foles has shown more passing prowess as a backup, and Jacksonville gave him a four-year, $88 million contract to be the unchallenged starter.The Jaguars drafted Foles a little help by selecting right tackle Jawaan Taylor in the second round and tight end Josh Oliver in the third. But they’re counting on him — along with DeFilippo — to make the biggest difference on that side of the ball.“He’s been great for everybody,” DeFilippo said. “He’s been great for the coaches. He’s been great for the players. He’s been great for me.” The Jacksonville Jaguars used their bye week to ponder the team’s precarious position.Mired in a four-game losing streak and being 0-2 in the AFC South Corey Grant Jersey , they came to this conclusion: They must win at division rival Indianapolis (3-5) on Sunday.It’s essentially a playoff atmosphere for Jacksonville (3-5) in early November.More Jacksonville Jaguars newsJets’ Darnold throws 3 more picks in 29-15 loss at JaguarsRams get CB Jalen Ramsey from Jaguars for 3 draft picksBridgewater now 4-0 as starter after Saints top Jaguars 13-6Jaguars once elite defense struggles as Gardner Minshew, DJ Chark build chemistryLeonard Fournette runs for career-high as Jaguars mount comeback to beat Broncos“This is a thousand percent a must-win,” linebacker Myles Jack said Wednesday. “No. 1, it’s a conference game that we’ve got to win. And then we’re on a four-game losing streak, so we can’t lose another game.”NFL teams are usually reluctant to put too much emphasis on any one game, especially in the middle of the season. But for the Jaguars, who openly talked about having Super Bowl aspirations , they understand another loss or two likely would end their dwindling playoff hopes.“We put ourselves in this situation,” quarterback Blake Bortles said. “We created this small margin for error by not winning football games. We’ve put ourselves here. We know we still got a chance and we’ve got to play really well for the whole second half of the season to go where we want to go.”The Jags are counting on running back Leonard Fournette‘s return making a significant difference.Fournette missed six of the last seven games with a strained right hamstring. He practiced in full for the first time in more than a month Monday and did the same Wednesday.Jacksonville built its offense around Fournette and hasn’t been nearly as physical or effective without him. The team signed Jamaal Charles for a week and then traded for Carlos Hyde in hopes of filling the void, but neither move paid dividends.Coach Doug Marrone said he lost faith in his offensive line in London, specifically in short-yardage situations https://www.jaguarsfanstore.com/Marcell-Dareus-Jersey , but has since stopped short of proclaiming Fournette the team’s savior.Players, though, believe Fournette’s return could be a turning point.“I know everybody’s fired up to have him back in the lineup,” Bortles said. “I know I’m excited to watch him run. I know guys are excited to block for him and kind of see him go. We got so used to him doing his thing last year and watching that and do everything off of that. Not having him has made us change some of the things we do, but to be able to have him back and healthy and ready to go is exciting.”Marrone evaluated coaches, players and schemes during the bye week, but decided not to make any wholesale changes. He tweaked the schedule significantly, mostly so guys wouldn’t feel like things were the same after the break.“It’s just kind of like the atmosphere is a little tighter,” Jack said. “Obviously, everybody is — I wouldn’t say desperate — but we just need (a victory). It’s a must-win week. As the weeks go on, it just gets worse and worse. Hopefully this is the week we change it.”With the sense of urgency on the rise Josh Lambo Color Rush Jersey , the Jaguars have started to unravel.There was a locker room scuffle last month following a loss to Houston, a players-only meeting the next day and then a run-in with London police over an unsettled nightclub tab.They have eight games left to save the season. It starts with a “must-win game” against the Colts, who have won two in a row.“I don’t think you can look at it as a whole eight games — ‘we’ve got to win eight games in a row or six out of the eight,'” Bortles said. “Obviously, playing Indy is a division game, and that’s an important one.“It’s kind of like Doug talked about all week and all last week: you’ve got to win one to get it rolling. It’s all anyone’s really focused on right now.”
Profiel bekijkenStuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:      
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar:   

Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Wilt u geen reclame op dit forum en genieten van extra voordelen? Klik dan vlug hier voor meer informatie!