.:: K Lierse SK ::.

Children of divorce are especially vulnerabl Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren
Auteur Bericht
zhouyueyue

BerichtGeplaatst: 23-11-2019 09:48:45 Reageren met citaatTerug naar boven

The airline Cheap Laken Tomlinson Jersey , Jet Blue, has been featured in many magazines as a new company that has hard great results and success so far. A lot too has been mentioned about the challenges they face ahead and about the culture they created at the start and are working hard to foster now. One of the many things that sets Jet Blue apart is their focus on teamwork. Here's one example. They have no cleaning crews - every employee on the flight (including pilots and those not working but on the flight) cleans up the plane. This saves time and money - both things very important to any business.

When I say everyone helps clean, I mean everyone - including the CEO, David Neeleman. Neeleman helps the flight attendants hand out snacks and helps clean up. This takes Neeleman's words about teamwork and turns them into action. He is quoted as saying, "You can't ask employees to do something you aren't willing to do yourself."

I learned this lesson from my father growing up on a farm. There were many tasks I was asked to do - some of them much more unpleasant than picking up newspaper and snack wrappers on a plane - but all of them were done knowing that my Dad had done them and was willing to do them still, even if he had higher priority work to do.

This is an extremely important lesson for us as leaders. Being willing to do the grunt work, the dirty work (call it whatever you want - on the farm there was some VERY dirty work) builds commitment and shows that all of the work in the organization is important.

As a leader, please don't push this off saying you want to delegate and make people responsible for their own work. Delegation and ownership is important to be sure. If you always delegate the unpleasant stuff#2# but always want to help with the more glamorous tasks, your comments of delegation will fall on deaf ears.

Help. Show up for clean up. Be a part of the team. These actions will make you a better leader.

Kevin Eikenberry is a leadership expert and the Chief Potential Officer of The Kevin Eikenberry Group ( ), a learning consulting company. To receive a free Special Report on leadership that includes resources, ideas#3# and advice go to or call us at (317) 387-1424 or NER.
Loving your step- child can be both simple and hard. Simple, because as a mature adult you know that all children need and deserve to be loved, and you love their parent and want to share in their lives. Hard, because children from divorce come with different needs#4# expectations and behaviors. They may or may not be open to returning your love and could be resentful of your presence.

Children's lives revolve around what is happening in the family

The news that Mom and Dad are divorcing throws all their emotions and foundations into a tail spin. No matter what other reactions the children may have concerning a divorce and remarriage, a deep, pervasive sorrow is always present. Sometimes they are afraid to let go of the sadness because it feels like it is a betrayal of their dream of a happy ending or of choosing sides.

It is not enough for parents, step parents and extended family to feel a deep glow of love and acceptance for the children in your circle of influence. You must convey that feeling into a message that is heard#5# felt and integrated by the child. Children need to be told both verbally and non-verbally how much they are valued for just being them.

As I teach in parenting classes across the country, many people ask me what they can do to have stronger families and more harmony at home. My answer is in the non-verbal clues we give our children. Verbal communication is the language of information and much of that is spent in lecturing, teaching and correcting our children. No wonder they tune most of it out. Studies have shown we remember only 10?20% of what we hear.

Non-verbal communication is the language of relationships

Body language and facial expression is remembered and believed 80-90% of the time. It is the pat on the back, the smile#6# wink or thumbs up that send signals to children that they are valued and that you are in their corner, no matter what else is happening. So even if you do tell your children you love them, do you show them how precious they are to you? Do your actions demonstrate that your love and acceptance is not conditional upon their school grades, soccer goals or manners at the table?

Keep a list of reasons you admire them.

Sometimes the very things that irritate us the most with children are the strengths they will need to succeed in life. We have to recognize that a stubborn child will turn into a tenacious adult#7# eventually.

As I interviewed children for my latest book Raise a Confident Child, I was struck by how many children thought their parent's love was tied to their performance, character or behavior. As Jeremy told me ?When ever I score at soccer, my dad really loves me#8# other times I am not so sure.?

Children of divorce are especially vulnerable to feeling out of place and needing reassurance that they are wanted and not responsible for the divorce.

Separate the deed from the doer.

Remember it is the behavior that we find unacceptable not the child. There is a big difference between the two and when we are angry, we tend to lump them together. Just because John takes money from the dresser does not make him a thief. It makes him a boy who made a bad decision and needs to learn that it is not acceptable to take money or anything else from anyone without permission.

Don't make it or take it personal.

All families have squabbles and all children say they wish their parents and caregivers were more lenient, generous or understanding. We all try to do the best we can with what we have been given, but we are the adults and must make sure that no matter what the children have given or called us#9# that we give them guidance, love, discipline and resp. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NBA Jerseys China Cheap MLB Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NCAA Jerseys Cheap New NBA Jerseys Cheap Custom MLB Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys
Profiel bekijkenStuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:      
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar:   

Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Wilt u geen reclame op dit forum en genieten van extra voordelen? Klik dan vlug hier voor meer informatie!