.:: K Lierse SK ::.

Jaquiski-Tartt-Jersey Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren
Auteur Bericht
linchao

BerichtGeplaatst: 04-12-2019 03:50:58 Reageren met citaatTerug naar boven

SANTA CLARA Joe Montana Color Rush Jersey , Calif. (AP) — Jeff Wilson is making the most of his chance in San Francisco’s injury-riddled backfield.After starting his rookie season as an undrafted player on the practice squad, Wilson will be thrust into a starting role this week after the latest injury to a 49ers running back.Wilson showed he might be up to the task with a strong performance in his first extensive action as a pro last week in Seattle. He rushed for 61 yards on 15 carries and caught eight passes for 73 yards as one of San Francisco’s few bright spots in a loss to the Seahawks.His physical running style sparked the Niners (2-10) out of a sluggish offensive start on a day leading rusher Matt Breida injured his ankle in warmups and managed only limited action.“That’s his style. That’s what got him an opportunity in this league,” coach Kyle Shanahan said Wednesday. “That’s what he does best. That’s why he’s going to make it. I hope he doesn’t lose that, for his and our sakes. He runs hard and that’s what he does good. Hopefully, we can keep him healthy and he keeps getting better and better.”Wilson wasn’t supposed to have this big a role as a rookie. He signed with San Francisco as an undrafted rookie out of North Texas last spring and was far down the depth chart at the start of training camp.But projected starter Jerick McKinnon went down with a season-ending knee injury a week before the opener, backup Raheem Mostert then went down with a broken arm on Nov. 1 and now Breida is out this week against Denver with the injured ankle.That has given Wilson a chance to play and show what he can do down the stretch run of a lost season for San Francisco.“I’m just trying to do my job,” he said. “I don’t have any personal goals. I just love and enjoy playing football. As long as I do that https://www.49ersfanshop.com/Deion-Sanders-Jersey , it will be good for me.”Wilson was lightly recruited out of high school and ended up at North Texas, where he ran for 3,204 yards in four seasons. He went undrafted but was attracted to the Niners because of the success running backs coach Bobby Turner has had with unheralded backs during his lengthy career in the NFL.Wilson bulked up a bit since joining the 49ers and has impressed his coaches with a physical running style.“You always have to pick and choose your battles,” he said. “I’m not just going to run down the middle and just do it willingly. There are certain times you do it and certain times you don’t. I’m an aggressive runner.”The pleasant surprise for the 49ers has been at how quickly Wilson has adapted to the passing game. He caught just 70 passes in four seasons in college, but showed a good ability to be a threat in the screen game with eight catches last week.He said he’s worked extremely hard at improving that aspect of the game and the results have been clear.“He’s done a great job of learning the offense, running, blocking Roger Craig Jersey , pass routes,” quarterback Nick Mullens said. “He can do a little bit of everything and once he got his opportunity, I think everybody saw how hard he runs. That fires me up. He brings it every carry that he’s going to get. So, I think Jeff is ready to step in and take that role on for sure.”NOTES: Shanahan changed up the practice schedule, having the players come in an hour early and leave earlier in the day. Shanahan said he just wanted a change, although he did notice players being a little more groggy at the opening meeting at 7 a.m. “Sometimes, you’ve got to yell a little bit more to make sure they’re attentive in the early meetings because they’re not all drinking as much coffee as the coaches are Ronnie Lott Color Rush Jersey ,” he said. … The Niners signed long snapper Colin Holba to replace the suspended Kyle Nelson. … Edge rusher Pita Taumoepenu was promoted from the practice squad to replace the injured Dekoda Watson, who went on IR. … Breida (ankle), safety Jaquiski Tartt (stinger), C Weston Richburg (knee) and LT Joe Staley (rest) didn’t practice. We’re past the midseason mark and still have some football left. It’s time to look at all the 49ers units and discuss what we like and don’t like out of them for 2018. Well, we could probably just rename this post on evaluating the “George Kittle unit” and call it a day since most assume talking about the tight end position would be just be talking about George Kittle, who is (arguably) the most productive 49er on the team this year. Kittle (who I have nicknamed “The Unit”) has made life for the three quarterbacksthat have gone under center for the 49ers much, much easier. We all forgot some of the rough spots at the beginning. Kittle suffered from some drops the rest of the team suffered from https://www.49ersfanshop.com/Jerry-Rice-Jersey , the Week 3 opening offensive play being the most memorable (and unacceptable). Kittle never was maddening, but the aforementioned drop in particular could have been a huge gain. What Kittle did wrong was far eclipsed for what he did right and he’s now become a near-elite tight end in the league. What’s underrated is he has also been a decent blocker. We can talk about his pass catching all we want and how he’s going to be the first 49ers pass catcher to hit 1,000 yards since Anquan Boldin did it in 2014, but being a tight end, Kittle has to block, and his blocking in 2018 has had a huge improvement as well as his freakish pass catching skills.I don’t know how many man-hours went into over-evaluating or outright ignoring Kittle in favor of other tight end so that he slipped in the 5th round (or for the 49ers to consider taking him then). Then again, I’m not sure any of us are prepared for the answer. So we could talk about the Kittle unit Colin Kaepernick Jersey , and for good reason. What has Garrett Celek been doing? Celek Time has been quiet, almost invisible for much of 2018. He has 29 yards and one touchdown for the season, his last catch coming in Week 3 against the Kansas City Chiefs. Since the Chiefs nightmare, Celek has been targeted once more, against the Los Angeles Rams. Behind those two, who make the tight end George Kittle unit, there is Cole Wick Richard Sherman Color Rush Jersey , but the less said, the better (don’t drop easy touchdowns). There’s also Ross Dwelley who has caught 100 percent of his passes since being in the league. Of course there’s a catch (pardon the pun) and that 100 percent is one pass for eight yards. So why are we talking about the George Kittle unit? Because there’s not much else with the tight ends. Celek hasn’t been awful, but he’s just done, not much. He’s had some serviceable blocks but it’s been nothing on the realm of Vance McDonald’s where you value him as a blocker much more than a pass-catcher. Wick, Dwelley, nothing really stands out. So there’s Kittle. But Kittle has been a bright spot on this 49ers team and he’s on the cusp of reaching elite territory if he hasn’t made it already. If the 49ers can get the wide receivers figured out (which, with all the rookies https://www.49ersfanshop.com/Jaquiski-Tartt-Jersey , there should be some improvement in Year One to Year Two), Kittle is going to be an absolute nightmare for defenses and fighting with Travis Kelce for the top tight end spot. He’s already gotten a Twitter follow from Kelce, so there’s that. What are your impressions of the tight ends at midseason?
Profiel bekijkenStuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:      
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar:   

Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Wilt u geen reclame op dit forum en genieten van extra voordelen? Klik dan vlug hier voor meer informatie!